Iowa Wildlife Habitat Services has been an industry leader selling Iowa Hunting Land for nearly 14 years!
And we plan on continuing our Iowa land selling tradition!
Be sure to subscribe below to be the first to get our new listings!
NOTE: You can click on pictures or text below to go to a separate page with more details and pictures about the listing!
Timber — Can You Say Superb Small Hunting Iowa Land? — Awesome buildings site too — NOW $42,000!
Farm and Log Home with Choice of 63, 80 or 100 Acres! Check it out! (A few miles east of Ottumwa)
Wapello, county Iowa 50 Acres, m/l, established vineyard for sale! Whitetails and turkey runnith’ over here too!
(Double click image above for large view of farm and surrounding area!!!)
Look at the price and look at the opportunity here and I think you will be amazed!
HOLD ON TIGHT! Pictures SOON TO COME!! STAY TUNED!
Locate this parcel with precision on out map view page!
Get in on the ground floor with this vineyard in this newly exploding industry in Iowa!
“The economic impact of Iowa’s wine industry has exploded in recent years, according to a new study. Frank, Rimerman + Co., a California based consulting firm, reported that the economic impact of Iowa’s wine and wine grapes industry was $420 million in 2012, and increased of around 80 percent from $234 million in 2008″. The report estimated that roughly 358,000 people visited Iowa wineries in 2012, up 51% from about 237,000 winery visitors in 2008“. Wine , grapes, and related industries account for 2,678 jobs in Iowa, according to the study.
I’ve been asked more than once, “is there something I can do for a job there in Iowa once we move”? Here you go! This is an established vineyard that has just come up for sale and it’s within just a couple of miles from Ottumwa, Iowa (one of the top regions in the world for giant whitetails).
This according to Iowa State University Extension Services: (click here for outside link to more on Iowa wineries and vineyard facts)
(Click HERE for outside link to more info from the Iowa Wine Growers Association) Also, check out this outside link for lots of info on Iowa vineyards and wine making.
- Grape yields can run from 3-8 tons per acre, with the average yield typically in the 3-4 tons per acre range.
- One ton of Iowa grapes will produce approximately 150 gallons of wine, or 750 bottle of wine!
- Wineries typically purchase grapes from other growers at approximately $900-$1200 per ton delivered.
- It is common for Iowa wines to win bronze, silver and gold medals in National and International wine competitions.
- Iowa grape vines need very little fertilizer because of the high quality of Iowa soils.
- Iowa wineries are allowed to wholesale self-distribute their wines to other retail outlets for resale. Many state do not allow this.
- Iowa has 99 wineries with approximately 300+ vineyards covering 1,200 acres (as of June, 2012)
- Compare this to the year 2000, when Iowa had only 30 acres of grapes in production!
This vineyard has approximately 2700 vines along with related substructure — posts, support system — and is actively managed and kept up. There is a potential for 9 acres of total vineyard area on the area. There are 5 varieties of grapes currently being grown in the vineyard. (Prairie Star; Frontenac; North Cynthiana; La Crosse; French/American hybrid)
Income on this farm — just from selling the grapes to other wineries — could easily be in the $27,000 per year range (figuring 3 tons per acre yield on 9 acres X $1,000 per acre selling grapes to other wineries === $27,000.
And — and this is a BIG AND! — this place is full of deer and turkey too! The chances for shooting a giant buck on this parcel are truly excellent and I have personally seen many bucks over 180 inches within a few miles of this parcel. Build your dream home here, hunt in your own Iowa paradise and start a new career in Iowa exploding wine making/grape growing industry!
Contact Us for more info or call Rich at 641-919-9026 today!
355 Acres, M/L of Megga Whitetail Paradise!!
This is one Incredible Trophy Whitetail Tract! Managed Head to Toe For Monster Bucks! Check it out! If you can find a nicer turn-key Iowa trophy whitetail paradise buy it! They don’t get any better than this!
Wapello County, Iowa 140 Acres SOLD!
Davis County Iowa 80 Acres
— Davis County Iowa 150 acres — Crop and Timber —
Brand New Listing!
Very nice 3 bedroom, 2 bath home with deck overlooking your very own private spring fed lake!
121 Acres, M/L Wapello county, Iowa (Just 6 Miles from Ottumwa!)
Priced at $497,000
Yes — you can have your cake and eat it too! This property has it all!
|Huge Bucks and Huge Bass are Here! Turkeys Too!|
Watch the Video Clip (below) showing some of the land and terrain on this great parcel! (depending on your connection speed you may have to wait a bit to let the video buffer)
Here is your chance to have it All!
- Thisplace isn’t missing a thing. Very nice 3 bedroom, 2 bath home in very private setting surrounded by hundreds of acres of some of the finest whitetail hunting in the nation!
- 121 acres, m/l of mixed timber and meadows with a private spring fed lake and several small ponds.
- Approximately 25 acres of CRP paying approximately $2500/yr through 2017
- Private spring fed lake! The lake is spring fed and approximately 40 feet deep and is approximately 9 acres in size (according to the owner). Stocked with bass, catfish, crappie and bluegill.
- Largemouth bass of 8 and 9 lb’s have been caught (the Iowa state record is just over 10 lb’s so there is a serious chance this pond could produce a state record largemouth!
- Trophy Whitetail hunting: The owner isn’t a trophy hunter as such but bucks in the 170-200 inch range have been harvested and seen on this property!
- The timber features extensive areas of white oak with some areas of cedar (great bedding cover). The white oak timber will gain significant value over the coming decades.
- The owner has built several small ponds above the large main lake fingers to help filter any runoff (to keep the water in great shape)
- The owner has built an extensive trail system throughout the property for easy access throughout with an atv or even a 4 x 4 truck.
- Small ponds and a slough below the main lake with wood duck houses. Perfect places to shoot some early season ducks! (The main lake gets flights of geese stopping by and ducks too)
- Contact Rich at 641-919-9026 or email email@example.com to make an appointment to see this beautiful property today!
Brand New Listing!
Location, Location, Location!!! Just 40 minutes from Des Moines, Iowa!
Marion Co. 107 acres (Near Knoxville!)
Check out the price on this great piece! $211,325 for 107 acres or $1975 per acre
Here is a property that has been managed for the past 7 years to produce big bucks. And, it is really starting to show it’s stuff!
Check out these features:
- Thick, gnarly cover — the kind of stuff bucks must have to survive. Ideal security cover!
- Oak Ridges — HUGE bur oaks line the short, narrow, ridges that rise above wooded flats and drainages. Perfect ambush sites to catch cruising bucks during the rut!
- Creek Drainages meander through this parcel providing travel corridors and water sources year-round
- AWESOME food plots sites — 3 of them — to grow lush grains, clovers, turnips, etc., to really hold the local deer and pull in bucks from far-off during the rut and winter seasons!
- Lots of natural, native, food sources on this property in the form of low-lying native browse, seasonally abundant acorns, and locust pods for winter deer attraction.
- This property is surrounded by cover sources and large crop fields — The HOME BASE for a large portion of the deer in this area seems to be this property. They should feed in YOUR PLOTS before heading out to the large grain fields at dark to feed at night.
- Power and water at the road!
- 35-40 minutes from Des Moines!
- The owner reports LOTS of buck rutting action during daylight hours — I can see why after looking at this one — cover, cover, cover, excellent food sources, water and perfect little openings scattered about for chasing areas.
- Want to see LOTS of BIG RUBS? Come look at this property! It’s obvious that lots of large caliber bucks spend a lot of time on this one!
- Priced at $211,325 or just $1975/Acre!
Call rich at 641-919-9026 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to see this property today!
Brand New Listing!
10 Acres, M/L Wapello County, Near Ottumwa
Immediately Adjacent Wapello 30 Acre listing below (Would be a great package with that property!)
Priced at $20,000 (less than the cost of a new pickup! What do you think will be worth more in a few years?)
Click HERE for Aerial View (narrow angle)
ClickHEREfor Aerial View (wide Angle)
Contact Rich at 641-919-9026 for more info on this listing!
30 Acres, M/L Wapello County, near Ottumwa
Priced at $178,000
Very comfortable 3 bedroom, 2 bath home overlooking a private 30 Acres of upland woods! Giant Oaks! A Creek! Tons of Wildlife!
What you see is what you get — a very comfortable 1648 square foot home with very low maintainance in a gorgous park-like setting!
Wildlife definitely abounds here — Great area for whitetails and turkey and top end-size here on the bucks is as good as anywhere in the state. This property should hunt large because the timber is connected to a much bigger block and is in the heart of a major creek travel corridor — year-round water source!
Click HERE to see larger Aerial View!
Click HERE for Pictures!
Here is just some of what this property offers:
- Low maintainance vinyl-sided 3 bedroom, 2 bath home!
- On cement slab — no basement to leak!
- Steel roof!
- Very nice deck!
- LP stove/heater combined with baseboard electric heat
- LP fireplace
- Large garage and storage shed
- Owner-built home!
- Brand New Septic! (these cost typically $10,000 or so for a home this size)
Call Rich at 641-919-9026 for your private showing of this great property today!
Sold in just 12 Days!
Brand New Listing!
34 Acres, Lucas County — near Williamson
Price at just $265,000!
34 Acres with Nice 3 bedroom Home and 7 ACRE Lake with Huge Crappies, Bluegills, and Bass! (be sure to check out the photos!)
Here is one of those GET-IT-BEFORE-IT’S GONE properties! Whitetails, Turkeys and even Pheasants Here!
Your own private 7-Acre LAKE!!! POSTCARD SETTING!!
Built in 1974 (manufactured home)
Features hardwood flooring (real, not laminate flooring) and ceramic tile (in kitchen)
3 bedroom and 1 full bath
Approximately 1250 sq ft of living space, not including porch or additional enclosed storage room/area of approx. 580 sq feet
Central Air with electric baseboard heating (individual baseboards in different rooms can be temperature adjusted to personal taste)
This property also has a seperate garage area and Mortan-style tin building for storage options galore
Native Prairie is here too!:
The owner has worked HARD to re-establish native prairie habitat in the form of native oak/savanna type ecosystem. This is a RARE ecosystem in the midwest anymore and the benefits are incredible wildlife attractiveness to this habitat and a large diverse array of plants and animals using the system — many types of butterflies and bird species utilize this native habitat that is all but lost and big bucks love bedding in this thick prairie habitat. Oak savanna makes a superb chasing area just before the rut’s peak too! The owner also established a nice trail system around the property for ease of access.
Here is an incredible property for the $$$! You can’t duplicate this property for the asking price and the setting is as beautfiul as you might imagine! Envision yourself in this comfortable 3 bedroom family home, sipping a choice beverage, in the 3-season screened porch, as the sun drops down over the tree tops, leaving waves of brilliant orangish-red streaks in it’s wake — as a sleek doe and a couple of fawns slip across the backyard, down toward the lake for a sunset sip drink. That sort of thing happens pretty much daily here — the view is as good as it gets and native Iowa wildlife are very abundant (deer and turkey are thick — pheasants are here too). And who said 34 acres is not enough to shoot a big buck in Iowa? I’m betting that a guy who hunts this one every year will get a crack at something wearing impressive headgear. The owner has seen and/or had reports of bucks in the 190 range here. How is the fishing, you ask? GIANT crappie — many crappie in the 13-16 inch range have been and are regualarly taken — with some crappie up to 17 inches ( yes, you heard me right — 17 inches!) Huge bluegill and big bass are common here as well. It is a fisherman’s dream lake!
Give me a call at 641-919-9026 or email email@example.com to set up a time to see this wonderful property before it is gone!
Sold!New Listing!solid timber (Appanoose County, Iowa) Sold!Brand New Listing!
Warren County 35 Acres for Sale – 20 minutes from Des Moines!
Here is that once-in-a-lifetime chance to purchase a farm adjoining a huge wildlife refuge (these properties are needle-in-a-haystack finds and are rarely available!) This property — though not large — should hunt huge, as bucks from the adjoining refuge march through care-free during the rut! Priced at $148,000Click Here for Aerial of Farm!Click Here For Aerial of Farm (showing adjoining refuge)!Pictures of Farm — Click Here!Check it out:
- Smaller farm packing a MAJOR punch! – 35 acres with all the right ingredients!
- Priced at $148,000: an affordable piece and a unique opportunity to own the RIGHT small farm.
- Tucked into some of the best whitetail habitat around and adjoining a 770-acre (that’s right – 770 acre!) wildlife refuge, this property carries the benefits of a MUCH, MUCH larger tract.
- The old saying of ‘Location, Location, Location’… really rings true on this one.Rare barely begins to describe the opportunity to own a property conjoining a wildlife refuge in Iowa, let alone one that is less than 20 miles from Des Moines.How often does one get a guarantee of who their neighbor will be, let alone a neighbor that doesn’t allow any bucks to be shot?
- Warren County land is very competitive and sought after with its proximity to the Des Moines metro, and the added bonus of great recreational potential is icing on the cake.
- Top-notch whitetail genetics, this property will surprise year-end and year-out with an array of antler traits.
- Newly established interior food plot – textbook ambush location along an already heavily traveled corridor.
- Woodland pond provides a year-round water source to wildlife as well as a fantastic pinch point to catch cruising bucks funneling out of the refuge.
- Quality wood producer:One of the most productive walnut sites I’ve seen: a unique scenario created along a spillway for Lake Ahquabi: bottom benches and fertile soils growing tall and clean trees.
- A large 100-acre crop field outlines the west boundary – the first destination food source for deer coming out of the refuge.Huge winter attractant and a consistent bachelor pad for bucks in the summer!
- Lake Ahquabi and surrounding areas provide a wide array of recreational opportunities outside of whitetail hunting…
- o A no-wake, 115 acre lake with a beach
- o The Hooper WMA down the road adds another 418 acres of quality public hunting.
- o State park offers modern camping facilities, shelters, etc., and all just right around the corner!
- To complement the whitetails, this property maintains a very healthy turkey population, and the large Ag field is a popular destination for waterfowl coming off the lake.
- Minimal taxes ($220/yr.) as the majority of the property is enrolled in the Forest Reserve program
- Give Derek a call today at 515-554-0032 to schedule a showing of this one-of-a-kind piece!
Lake Ahquabi links of possible interest: http://www.iowadnr.gov/Destinations/StateParksRecAreas/IowasStateParks/ParkDetails.aspx?ParkID=610149&idAdminBoundary=188http://www.iowadnr.gov/Fishing/WheretoFish/LakesPondsReservoirs/LakeDetailCode=AHQ91s.aspx?lake
67 Acres, m/l Monroe county (just south of Blakesburg)
Check out this NEW Listing!
40 Acres M/L, Davis (Near Blakesburg)
Quality Whitetail parcel available for a limited time!
Brand New Listing!
208 Acres, Wapello County (12 miles from Ottumwa)
Get this one before it is gone!
510 Acres, Jefferson and Van Buren Counties, Iowa (Just 7 miles from Fairfield!)
Here is your chance to own your own spectacular whitetail/turkey paradise!
Spectacular Trophy Parcel Now For Sale!
314.5 Acres, m/l Van Buren county, Iowa
Check Out This Awesome Log Cabin!!
A True Top-Notch Trophy Parcel!
198 Acres, m/l Wapello county, Iowa(approx 12 miles SE of Ottumwa)
Check this one out! (An Awesome Trophy Buck Farm!)
#200 Acres Monroe County (Near Albia)
Great Investment Farm!
*94 acres M/L Davis and Appanoose Counties, Iowa
# 95 Acres M/L Jefferson county, Iowa (7 miles S. of Fairfield)
40 Acres, Davis Co. Iowa (NW of Bloomfield)
Brand New Listing!
45 Acres, M/L (Van Buren County)
Brand New Listing!
182 Acres, m/l Henry County, Iowa (approx 7 miles from Mt. Pleasant)
Brand New Listing!
110 Acres, m/l Wapello County, Iowa(approx 12 miles SE of Ottumwa)
*47 Acre Wetland, Wapello Co, Iowa
This Davis Co, 60 Acre Property needs to go Now!! So….
Check out this Great whitetail and turkey parcel!!
*60 Acres, Davis county, Iowa (about 12-14 miles sw of Bloomfield)
#80 Acres, Lee Co., Iowa (near West Point and Fort Madison!)
Timber, some tillable, creeks, end-of-road-seclusion!
Superb Trophy Whitetail Parcel!
# * Check out this Listing!
97 Acres, Decatur County (5 miles south of Leon)
Brand New Listing!
386 Acres near Birmingham, Iowa
Timber, Tillable, CRP and Trophy Whitetails!
Brand New Listing
80 Acre, Van Buren County, Iowa
Brand New Listing!
170 Acres, Davis Co. (Ottumwa Area)
Brand New Listing!
55 Acres M/L Wapello County, Iowa Adjacent 145 ACRE REFUGE (near Ottumwa)
Can You Say INCREDIBLE WATERFOWL PARCEL!!!
#76 Acres Des Moines county, Iowa(Just 4 miles north of Burlington!)
200 Acres, Davis Co. Iowa. (10 miles south of Bloomfield)
This is a superb farm with income and great trophy buck potential!